Special events, nature tours, and educational resources can be found at the following sites:
- Bernheim Forest and Arboretum -- The mission of Bernheim Forest and Arboretum is to strengthen the bond between people and nature by finding new ways to connect nature with people's everyday lives.
- Biodiversity Links -- This page provides links to various sites with biodiversity information.
- Boone County Arboretum -- The Boone County Arboretum is northern Kentucky's only arboretum with 3,000 trees and shrubs planted for the public to study and enjoy. It is open dawn to dusk and admission is free. New classes and events are added each year.
- Daniel Boone National Forest -- The Daniel Boone National Forest is one of the most heavily used forests in the South, with more than 5 million visitors annually. People come to backpack, camp, picnic, rock climb, boat, hunt, fish, ride and relax.
- Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife Resources -- This site contains information on conservation, wildlife, hunting, fishing, boating and outdoor recreation in the Commonwealth.
- Kentucky Environmental Education Council -- The goal of the council is to provide citizens with the knowledge they need to make informed decisions about their environment.
- Kentucky State Nature Preserves Commission -- The Kentucky State Nature Preserves Commission is a state agency created in 1976 to protect Kentucky's natural heritage.
Coal and Mining
- Coal Statistics and Reports -- Reports, data and statistics from the Energy Information Administration.
- Glossary of Mining Terms -- This list was developed from materials provided by the Kentucky Mining Institute.
- Kentucky Coal Education -- This Web site contains information about coal and mining for students, teachers, employees of the coal industry and the general public.
- Kentucky Coal Facts - This Web site contains production and employment for Kentucky mining by quarter.